Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Meet Our Nigerian Dwarf Goats

We have a small herd of Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, three does, a buck, and now two kids. We got into goats with the idea that we would milk them, but we haven't actually gotten around to the milking yet, and by "we" I mean I haven't quite gotten up the nerve to saddle myself with daily milking chores.



The cream colored girl in front is Ginger, our foundation doe, she's the herd Queen. The golden boy in the middle is Apollo, our buck. The black doe is Isis, she has moon spots. Isis is Ginger's daughter


Ginger 
That's Ginger again on the milking stand. The black doe (below) with the white hind leg is named Legs, she's my favorite with the sweetest personality, and that's her buckling being carried by my husband Mike. Legs kidded with twin bucklings on Valentines day this year. Apollo is in the background, he's the buckling's sire.


No comments:

Post a Comment