Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Newborn Baby Goat

 Ginger, our Nigerian Dwarf goat herd queen, was generous enough to give birth to a gorgeous doeling, (that's a baby girl goat) just in time for the launch of our new blog! Wasn't that sweet of her? Most goats like to carefully wait for the most inconvenient time with the worst possible weather to kid. They are masters at this skill, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this little girl in the goat pen yesterday morning. 



Isn't she cute? She's our first doeling on the new farmstead, Ginger is the last to kid this season, so there won't be any more baby goats until next year. Our other two girls, Legs and Isis (the black doe seen below) both had bucklings (that's baby boy goats) Isis is Gingers' daughter from last year.

I'm super excited this baby is a girl because that means she's a keeper! Now we just have to come up with a good name for her. What would you name her? 

2 comments:

  1. She's a cutie! How about the name Torrie? My very 1st thought was Iris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! she is even cuter than the pictures, I love Iris, I was thinking of a flower or herb related name for her. actually I love Torrie too but Tory was the name of my favorite cat ever who has since passed away, there will never be another Tory for me.

    ReplyDelete